14 June 2009

Shopping Tips

In my ongoing mission to help you spend your money wisely, I feel compelled to pass along info about noteworthy sales and discounts. If you or a male person you know is in need of anything along the lines of inexpensive basic clothing, you might want to head to the nearest Old Navy store between now and Father's Day (which is next Sunday, in case you needed reminding) because all men's clothing is 50% off. Yeah, all of it. I picked up some more T-shirts (for $4 each), but there are also khakis for $15, polo shirts for $7.50, and so on.

I probably should have mentioned this one earlier, but Lord & Taylor is having a "friends and family" sale (which means you have to sign up to receive their emails) through Sunday June 14th. Bring the coupon in the email you'll receive and get 25% off all regular and sale prices. Their typical bonus coupon discount is 15%, so this is a decent deal and they only offer it a couple of times a year. What makes this offer better is that they are also taking 10% off cosmetics and fragrances, which is almost unheard of. Better move fast, though.

Now, an unrelated story: today, in the course of our typical weekend errands, we went to a Target in Woburn, where I've been a few times but where we don't go regularly. As soon as I walked in I knew something was up, because there were lamp shades directly ahead of me, where the men's department usually is. After walking around for a couple of minutes it became obvious that the store is in the midst of a rather extensive remodel. Nonetheless, I overheard a fairly exasperated woman berating a staff person: "I can't find anything! Nothing is where it's supposed to be."

And of course, being me, I immediately thought, is it not obvious to you this is because they're in the process of redoing the whole goddamn store while keeping it open for ungrateful pinhead wretches like you? I think it's highly possible that woman is also one of the thousands of people who woke up today and couldn't figure out why all her TV channels had turned to static.

2 comments:

Shopping Tips said...

Thanks for the tips. My father and I use to go shopping before Father's day and after that we go to his favorite restaurant to have dinner with the rest of the family.:)

Some Assembly Required said...

Sounds like fun. I can only wish that my father was interested in going shopping. For that matter, he doesn't enjoy going out to dinner that much either. Sometimes you have to wonder about the differences from one generation to its offspring...