22 July 2009

Fashion Violation

On my way home tonight, I got on the bus and noticed that T-Mobile guy I talked about yesterday, only it must have been his day off, because he wasn't in his fuchsia shirt, so it took me a moment to realize it was him.

Then I got a look at what he was wearing: a long-sleeve knit top (kinda warm out for that, maybe?) that had a pattern that reminded me of a sponge-painted wall, very light-blue jeans with rather wide legs (possibly a thrift-shop find?), and shiny silver sneakers. If this is what he chooses to wear on his day off, maybe he should just stick to the uniform.

1 comment:

A Proper Bostonian said...

As I was cruising up Cambridge Street in yesterday's sunny warmth, I passed a woman wearing a zipped and belted parka in a heavy fabric, long corduroy pants, socks, and suede clogs. She must have been boiling. Since I was sweating in my sundress and sandals, I can just imagine what was going on under there.