26 February 2013

Holes

You all know of my love for doughnuts, so I was excited when I learned a couple of weeks ago of a new doughnut place opening in Somerville's Union Square.

But then I read further. I found out that these are foodie doughnuts, in flavors like chocolate chipotle, hibiscus rose, and maple bacon. Now, I also love bacon, but I don't want it in my doughnut.

I'm sure these people have worked really hard on their place, but these doughnuts aren't for me. I'll stick to the little places around here that make traditional doughnuts: Demet's (on the rare occasions when we're up early enough to get over there before they've sold everything), Kane's (haven't been there in much too long), Lyndell's (had one just last weekend), and the place in a strip mall not far from our house (its name escapes me at the moment) that is somewhat questionably situated next to a Weight Watchers facility.

No comments: