08 May 2008

What?

I got to hear a sampling of the new Madonna album this morning, courtesy of the young woman sitting across the aisle from me on the bus. Yes, she had her music turned up so loud that, for the second time recently, I could identify the artist from the tinny, muffled overflow coming from someone else's headphones several feet away.

Once again, I'm astonished at how loudly people listen to their music. I'm not such an old geezer that I can't stand listening to music above library volume, but this sort of thing is just plain unsafe. I want to assume that people know better, but I'm not so sure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My mechanic was saying his 20something employee is pretty hard of hearing, he says from years of Walkman full blast usage when he was a teen. This kid also refuses to wear the ear gear to shield himself from the loud garage tools. He'll need a hearing aid when he's 40. It's no joke, someone is going to sue Sony and Apple for hearing loss, and those companies will laugh.