05 February 2009

Caution: Hacked Signage Ahead

One of the web sites I read regularly is a car site called Jalopnik. Last week they posted a story about how to hack roadside information signs, and even linked to a site that had posted the complete instructions.

Naturally, it didn't take long for the mayhem to ensue, and for the photographic evidence of said mayhem to make its way back to Jalopnik. They've kindly created a gallery of the images; interestingly, warnings of zombies seem to be the most popular hack, which strikes me as just a bit uninspired. One also says "Harvard sucks dick" which leads me to think it's probably around here somewhere. Has anyone seen it? If so, where was it? Has it been fixed yet?

(Please note: while I am in no way condoning this behavior, or suggesting that anyone should go out and find their own sign to hack, I think you'll agree that the results are pretty damn funny.)

No comments: