19 March 2011

This Week in Awesome (3/19/11)

All right, the work obligation has been met, sleep has been obtained, the coffee and leftover pizza has been consumed—what are we waiting for?

My love of die-cast cars goes back all the way to my early childhood, when my parents used to get me Matchbox cars (when they were still made in England) in the little yellow cardboard boxes from a local drugstore, and some of the first generation (1968, I believe) of Hot Wheels. Sadly, my mother sold them all off at various yard sales after I'd left for college, so whenever I see things like this I'm both nostalgic and envious. (Telstar Logistics)

This couple hilariously recreates poses from romance novel cover illustrations. (Oli + Alex via The Hairpin)

From the "more awful than awesome" file, here's a little game for you: start watching this informative, helpful video from Phoenix, AZ lingerie store Mr. Bra. See how long you can go before you (a) feel nauseated; (b) close the tab; or (c) google the number for the Phoenix police department. (The Hairpin via Reddit)

And finally this week, to cleanse your visual and mental palate from the above, Jimmy Kimmel has branched out from late-night host to fitness guru. Here's his first workout, and here's his diet plan.

No comments: