03 July 2011

This Week in Awesome (7/2/11)

I hope you're enjoying the long holiday weekend. (I also hope you get a long weekend to enjoy.) I was thinking I'd line up an extra-large batch of goodies to keep you entertained, but it didn't quite work out that way.

An article in the style section of the New York Times about powders for men led me to this funny, spoofy commercial.

Update, 7/5: I had bookmarked this site at work and forgotten about it: a blog that digs into the history of shopping centers and malls from decades past.

And now we're just going to move right into the thematically-appropriate entertainment portion of this week's feature: first, cameras mounted on fireworks (BuzzFeed via Gizmodo), followed by fireworks explosions captured with a high-speed camera (Gizmodo via PopSci). Happy 4th, stay safe out there.

No comments: