02 November 2014

This Week in Awesome (11/1/14)

Oh, TWiA, why can't I seem to stick to a regular schedule with you? Not to mention finding good stuff seems harder than it used to be...

This is from last week, but worth a look: Remember that band that did that song "You Get What You Give" in the late '90s? Ever wonder what happened to them? (The Hollywood Reporter via Dappered)

Sometimes the internet is just silly, but enjoyable anyway.

Video games have never been my thing, but I will admit to a touch of nostalgia for the arcades of my youth (where I mostly played pinball). That said, one could waste a whole lot of time here. (The Verge)

And finally this week, Prince was the musical guest on this weekend's Saturday Night Live, and he did not disappoint. I've always thought the guy was a musical genius, ever since I was first turned on to his music back in 1982 by my dorm RA. I didn't think this would be posted online, but I'm glad it is, and you will be too. (Hulu via Rolling Stone)

No comments: