28 September 2011

Watch Wednesday Upgrade Update #1

When I posted my most recent watch purchase back in early August, I mentioned replacing the strap, as I frequently do. But funny things happen, and the strap I bought with the intent of putting on that Seiko ended up on another of my watches.

Last year I got a Rolex Explorer lookalike made by a company called Alpha. It came with a metal bracelet, and it looked like this:
After going back and forth for a bit I decided to leave it on and wear it that way, since I didn't have any other watches with metal bracelets. So I wore it a couple of times, and whenever I turned my wrist a certain way, the clasp came undone. I was afraid of losing the watch, so I set it aside and didn't wear it for several months.

When the strap came that I had intended for the Seiko, I remembered this watch and was happy to see it took the same size strap, so I decided to use it on this watch instead (the Seiko will be fine with its low-rent strap for a bit longer). So now the Alpha looks like this:
It's a really nice strap, and it makes this watch somewhat dressier while keeping its overall sporty air. I have a couple of other watches I want to upgrade in this way: the Omega and the Tudor both deserve nicer straps. Unfortunately, the place I bought this strap from is out of those sizes at the moment, so it will have to go on hold for now.

No comments: