04 April 2008

This Is Why I Married You...?

Last night I asked the Mrs. if she wanted to come into town and meet me for lunch. She thought about it for a few seconds (not a good sign) and said, "Not really."

I asked, "Why not?"

She: "Because I'd have to drive in, and find a place to park..."

Me: "Well yes, you're so busy these days." (The Mrs. is still enjoying a life of leisure after leaving her job at the end of October.)

She: "I see you all the time anyway."

Me: "Well, I see you all the time too, but I still asked."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It *is* tough to park in that area...

Anonymous said...

nope, sorry. I don't think it's OK. MAYBE if you are right in the middle of waxing the cat, or some other chore, then I can see begging off for some other day. BUT, if you really don't have anything else to do, it's probably a good thing to see one's SO during daylight hours, on a weekday even, just for the novelty value.