30 June 2008

Ow

We had a decent weekend. Went to see the Indiana Jones movie Saturday evening, which I mostly enjoyed, except for the ending. I'm not going to give anything away, but a big chunk of the action is based on a premise that turns out to be a little, well, stupid. Maybe that isn't the right word. How about "ridiculous"? But hey, the Somerville Theatre now sells Richardson's ice cream, and boasts a satellite location of the Museum of Bad Art as well.

Yesterday we went to a barbecue. Normally I would not have even ventured outdoors in such unpleasantly muggy weather, but this is a once-a-year event and worth a little discomfort. Everyone positioned their chairs so that we were sitting in a shaded area adjacent to the hosts' garage. But being in the shade was not really the same as being out of the sun, and last night the Mrs. said to me, "Your head got sunburned."

When I got up this morning, it was obvious that my forearms and the tops of my knees had also been burned. I had meant to bring both a hat and some sunscreen, but in our haste to get ready and leave the house, I forgot both. I really should know better, because I've had to protect myself from the sun my whole life. Hopefully a couple of days of painful hair brushing is all I'll have to endure.

No comments: