28 April 2010

Watch Wednesday (4/28/10)

Obviously I cheated--there's no way I could take a picture this close and sharp, but it's late and I'm wiped out, so I borrowed it from the internet. This is a nice little Citizen watch that's good for everyday wear (which is probably why I waited this long to feature it). It's easy to read, and the numerals and hands glow very strongly, so it's a good watch to wear for things like going to the movies.

The best thing about Citizen Eco-Drive watches is they never need to be wound and they never need to have a battery replaced. The watch has some sort of rechargeable power cell that is charged by exposure to light, so even if you just leave it lying around it stays fully charged, and if you forget and put it away somewhere, it retains enough power to keep running for up to six months. Eco-Drive watches are available in several hundred different styles for men and women, and they can often be found on sale at places like Macy's for less than $100. (Use those extra discount coupons, kids.)

Oh, and as usual I changed the strap. This one looked too military for me, so I put on one of my basic black leather straps with white stitching. Nice and simple, goes well with this style of watch.

At this point you might be thinking that I must be close to running out of watches, and I am--getting close. So we'll do this feature for a bit longer, and maybe by then I'll have found something else I can't live without, though watches definitely fall in the category of "things I don't really need" and as such are subject to my voluntary spending reduction program. I have a couple that I need to sell, but anything I earn from them should really go on my credit card balance. We'll just stop talking about it for now...

No comments: