20 January 2011

The Black House

A slow news day, as they say (do "they" still say that?), and I was trying to come up with something semi-worthwhile to post when I remembered this photo I took about three months ago (for the purpose of posting here) of a house that isn't exactly in our immediate neighborhood, but is one we drive past once a week or so:
This house is painted black, which is not a color choice you typically see on dwellings. Why? Well, just look at it. It looks wrong, like it's made of antimatter or something, like all sorts of nefarious things go on inside. (Actually, if you were going to do nefarious things, you'd probably want your house to look as normal as possible from the outside, so as not to draw undue attention.)

Whenever we go past this house, I can't help but think, Who would paint their house black? Was there any particular reason you did it? Are you going to murder me for looking at your house? That sort of thing.

And what's with that white awning? Why isn't that black? I mean, you went so far as to paint the window frames and other trim black too. I'm also a tiny bit surprised their minivan isn't black.

No comments: