13 April 2013

This Week in Awesome (4/13/13)

I have more or less recovered from whatever early-spring plague variant I was afflicted with, and somehow, in the midst of being sick all week, I managed to collect a fine batch of stuff for this week.

Have you seen what the view looks like from the top of the new World Trade Center building? I regret never going to the top of the original; I will certainly be visiting the new one after it opens. (Gothamist)

Another place I hope to visit someday is Vietnam (particularly after seeing the Top Gear special a few years back). They just opened some kind of fancy new bridge there. (The Verge)

The Arrested Development-related stuff is picking up with the arrival of the new episodes on Netflix now only about six weeks away. This industrious person made an AD-themed structure for a cat. (Nerdalicious)

David Bowie added a bunch of his old videos to his online archive.

Here's a collection of Los Angeles-area modernist houses that have been used in movies. It happens that I've seen all of the movies on the list, and all of them are worth seeing. (Mr Porter via Kempt)

And finally this week, for our requisite piece of Mad Men-related content, a photo tour of the Time-Life Building (location of the Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce offices) during the 1960s. (Time)

No comments: