26 January 2010

Return Trip

We've made it back home, and I'm actually at work today, though I'm not sure how much I'm going to get accomplished. I really don't know why I didn't take today off like the Mrs. did.

The wedding was a great success. The weather was about as perfect as anyone could have hoped for, and everyone had a terrific time. I've never been to a wedding with a frozen-margarita machine before, but I think it should be a mandatory feature at all such events, along with a Wii setup to keep the kids occupied and entertained.

Our trip home yesterday, like our flight out last week, was delayed due to weather, but this time it was the weather on this end causing trouble. The westbound flight each day turns around and flies right back to Boston, and since it was delayed taking off from here, it was late getting into San Francisco, and thus late coming back. This is why we prefer nonstop flights whenever possible. I don't know if the same flight crew does both trips, but if so that's a hell of a long day even without delays.

It's always tough to get back into the normal routine after this type of trip, but I'm sure we'll be settled right back in soon. Semi-regular blog posts will now resume as well.

No comments: