18 January 2010

Snow Work/No Work

We got only three inches of snow today, but it took me about three hours to clear all of it because it was really wet and heavy. I acquired a used snow blower a couple of months ago, but I didn't think it would be worth using on such a small amount. But I ache so much that in hindsight that was a poor decision.

I actually enjoy getting outside and shoveling, but I can tell I'm getting old because my hands start to hurt after a while, and tomorrow my arms and hips are going to be feeling really great. The good news is, I don't have to go to work tomorrow, because on Wednesday we're flying out to California (the Mrs' sister is getting (re)married, and it's been almost two years since we've visited anyway) and it seemed silly to go into the office for one day this week--this way I have more time to pack and otherwise get ready.

No comments: