31 March 2010

Cheesy Goodness

I have said before that this is not a food blog per se, but I certainly spend enough time thinking about food. And why not? I always eat breakfast and lunch (at least on weekdays). I know a lot of people tend to skip one or the other of those, but I can't.

The hospital cafeteria next door doesn't make too many things that I like, so most days I make a salad. But they stick to a rather rigid schedule, so it's easy to know when something I like is coming up. Every other Wednesday is macaroni and cheese. I wouldn't call it excellent, but it's good enough, and it's only $3.75 (I think it was even $3.50 when I started going there a couple of years back). I just wish they would do it on some other day besides Wednesday, because that's our weekly office bagel day, and things tend to get kind of carby. I try to have a lighter, vegetable-based supper to compensate.

Every Thursday there is some sort of salad with chicken at the grill station. It's on a four-week rotation: Greek, Southwest, Caesar. The fourth week there's a chicken Caesar wrap down at the sandwich station, then the whole thing repeats, always in the same order. I write them down on my cubicle calendar just to remind me, along with mac and cheese Wednesdays. Just a little something to look forward to...

No comments: