15 October 2012

The Unknown Shirt

Recently I ordered a shirt from Orvis. I don't buy a lot from them, mainly because I think a lot of their stuff is overpriced. But some things go on sale eventually, it just tends to take longer.

For example, the shirt I ordered was one I'd first seen and liked over a year ago. During that time its price actually increased, from $79 to $89, before landing in the sale section at $59. Then they offered 25% off everything in the sale section, along with free shipping for a certain period of time. My size was still available (another frequent problem with waiting for things to go on sale) so I placed an order.

When the shirt arrived, it was a different pattern than what I'd ordered, but it wasn't any of the other colors or patterns this particular shirt was offered in. In fact it was a pattern I had never seen before, either online or in an Orvis store. I ordered a red plaid shirt, this was a lighter red stripe with some thin white and navy stripes. Very strange.

I called customer service, which has been uniformly terrific in my experience, and the rep promised to have someone find the shirt I want and send it to me, so we'll see how this story ends in a few days.

No comments: