15 June 2015

Car Stuff: Random Sighting #38

I've been sitting on this one since October. I just never found the right week to feature it, but after talking about the mid-1970s GM A-body cars a couple of weeks ago, an opportune moment has presented itself.
I was standing at the bus stop near home when this 1977 Buick Regal pulled up to the light. It was in the left turn lane, so I thought it might be making a U-turn (the road is divided and drivers often have to double back) and I'd have a chance to get some closer shots as it came around.

That is what happened, but because it was cloudy and raining that day, and I was standing under a tree, the closer shot is kind of dark. Conveniently, the Photos app on my computer has some basic photo editing tools and I was able to lighten the picture somewhat.
The color combo is accurate for this year: "orange" (that's all it was called) was available for this year only; for '78 it was replaced by "saffron." The vinyl top is "buckskin." Totally seventies.

No comments: