19 May 2010

Final(e)s Week

The days are ticking down until the final episodes of Lost and 24, which will air this coming Sunday and Monday, respectively. I've managed to stay more or less current with both shows this season; I still need to watch last night's Lost, but I'll certainly do it before Sunday.

I'm hoping to watch both finales live, so I won't end up having anything spoiled by the media in the following days. In the meantime, I ran across this Boston Globe article about how TV show finales are almost always letdowns. The article itself is all right, but what I really liked was the accompanying comic book-style mashup of the two shows.

[And Lost fans, don't forget the special edition of Jimmy Kimmel Live airing at 12:05 AM Monday morning, after the finale and the late news. He'll have as his guests members of the cast along with the show's executive producers, and supposedly there will be alternate endings. If you're really feeling like a maniac, you can watch the original two-hour pilot episode on Saturday night at 8 PM, and a two-hour retrospective on Sunday at 7 PM, before the finale airs at 9. (All times Eastern)]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We are excited as well for the finale of LOST. I won't spoil anything about the episode you missed, but it was better than the previous week's. Or it wasn't, just being certain to not spoil anything by lowering or raising your expectations. As for 24, eh. Not our bag, baby.