21 June 2010

Expense Report #11

I realize that at this point you may be bored by my weekly itemizations, but doing this has helped me pay more attention to my spending, and that forces me to evaluate potential purchases more rigorously than I might otherwise, so I'm going to continue it for the foreseeable.

I have so far managed to resist anything from the sale section on the J. Crew site, even with an extra 30% off. There are a couple of things I would probably buy if they were available in my size, but I'm not about to contact the customer service rep who helped me before--too easy, nothing I need badly enough.

Otherwise this was a disciplined week for me. I am considering investing in an uninterruptible power supply for my television and other audio/video equipment, but I haven't made a definite decision about it yet. I'm probably going to be stopping at Newbury Comics on my way home today or tomorrow to pick up the new CDs by Stars, The Gaslight Anthem, and The National, but I haven't bought any new music in a couple of months, at least.

No comments: