12 July 2010

Expense Report #14

This was a light week, spending-wise. I guess I should strive for all of them to be so.

I bought another pair of those obscure Polo cargo shorts on eBay for $12. I now have four pairs of these, all found on eBay for $10 to $15 each. Still trying to find a pair in the light khaki or "stone" color that I had some years back (that I grew too large for). Cargos aren't fashionable, but they are useful when the things I need to carry with me, like a hard eyeglass case and now a retainer case, are too big for the pockets of regular shorts.

And after nearly six months, I ordered a proper case for my Pre smartphone, so I can stop using the cloth "sock" that came with it. That was $20.

As the end draws near for Martin + Osa, the remaining stock on the web site is 50% off. We went to the mall one night last week so the Mrs. could pay her Macy's bill, and I went to the M+O store to see what was left. The clerk I know there told me the remaining store stock had just gone to 50% off that day, which was surprising considering how close they are to closing for good (this coming Sunday), and that the web site had been at 50% for at least a couple of weeks.

There were one or two items I was still kind of interested in, but my sizes were gone, and it's not really worth it to me to order them from the web site and have to pay shipping. Just as well, I guess. I'm mentioning it more as a shopping tip for anyone who might be interested.

No comments: