19 July 2010

Expense Report #15

I had to buy medication and food for the dog this past week, but I don't consider that discretionary. Having a pet means accepting the accompanying expenditures for vet visits, food, and such. A bag of food for her lasts a month or so, and the Mrs. and I alternate paying for it. This time around it happened to be on sale, which is unusual, so we're going to go back before the sale ends at the end of the month and get another bag.

Elsewhere, I made another pass through the sale section of the Lands' End site. I had put some things in my shopping bag a week or so prior, and it turned out that prices on most of them had dropped further in the interim, so I went ahead and made the purchase. Because of sales at places like LE and JCPenney, it's difficult for me to consider spending more than $10 or $15 on a polo shirt, but if one ends up getting stained, or doesn't fit right after a year or two, then it's no big deal to just replace it. I got two.

I also grabbed a pair of madras shorts and a long-sleeve knit henley that I will use as a layer come fall--I picked up three of these last year from J. Crew (on sale, of course) and I found that they worked well with a T-shirt underneath and a flannel shirt on top for weekend wear. Total for four items: about $55.

No comments: