09 July 2010

Window of Futility

We have a working TiVo again, but of course the service call got screwed up. I had figured that a morning appointment was my best chance to make it to work within a couple of hours of when I'd normally get there, and if things had gone properly I would have.

My appointment window was from 8 to 11 AM. When no one had showed or called by 11:15 (the tech typically calls first to say he's on the way), I called Comcast, and was told the tech had tried to call me at 9:07 and had gotten no answer. Now, I wanted to believe them, but I know that this is completely untrue. I was showered and dressed by 8, just in case I happened to be the first call of the day, and I never strayed from the vicinity of the phone for the entire three hours.

In fact, I know my phone never even rang, because it would have shown up on the phone as a missed call. And after this conversation, they called me back just to make sure they had the right number on file. So maybe the tech attempted to call and the connection never went through, but that's as close to truth as I'm going to allow.

Anyway, typical service-call bullshit. I was able to get another appointment for the middle of the afternoon, and this time they did call me, and showed up shortly after, and got the CableCard working with no difficulty. So, much rejoicing, TV shows when we choose to watch them, etc.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there,

I agree with you - there's nothing quite like getting service that you pay for! I'd like to apologize for your trouble today and reassure you that we are working to provide much better experiences for our customers.

Please let me know if there's anything my team or I can do for you.

Best,

Detreon Roberts
Comcast Corporate Office
We_can_help@comcast.com