01 November 2010

Expense Report #30

I should be calling this the "shoe expense report." The smarter thing would have been to be looking for shoes during the summer, say one pair per month. But when do I do the smart thing?

This week I finally found a decent pair of penny loafers. I bought a couple of vintage, made in USA pairs on eBay back in the winter, and neither one worked out--one was too narrow, the other was wide enough but too big in length. I didn't pay much for either pair, and I'm hoping to resell them.

I ended up with a pair of Cole Haans with Nike Air in the soles, which seems to provide a little extra spring when walking. They are also generously cushioned inside, which you don't find that often in penny loafers, and the soles are a leather/rubber combination, which should work better for me as well. And of course, they're available in wide. These shoes normally sell for $168, but they were (and still are) $50 off at Zappos. Not sure why, but I'll take it.

I also ordered a pair of jeans, which should be here in a couple of days. I'll do another post on them after they arrive.

No comments: