24 November 2010

Holiday Plans

Our holiday is going to be a bit different this year. Last year, the Mrs. had to work, so I took the train to my family's house. She has to work again this year, and due to some other staffing issues, she was asked if she could work a double shift. It's not like a regular work day anyway, it's more like someone just has to be present and conscious.

The double shift means I can't go to RI by myself again, because there wouldn't be anyone here to take care of the dog's needs. So we asked my mother if she would consider moving dinner to Friday. She agreed willingly, and as it turns out, my brother, who is a restaurant manager, has to work the closing shift Thursday night, so he would have had to leave in the middle of Thanksgiving dinner anyway.

So my mother and sister will go out to dinner somewhere tomorrow, and not have turkey. As for me, I'll be enjoying some down time and solitude, watching the football game, and working on some of the other stuff stored on the TiVo that the Mrs. isn't interested in watching. And walking the dog.

No comments: