22 November 2010

Soundtrack

I was at a volunteer event this evening that had a DJ. The music was primarily to keep people motivated, so it was a bit of everything--70s, 80s, current stuff, rock, pop, soul, even a little country.

The person in charge of my group asked me at one point how I was doing. I replied, "I had hoped I would never have to actually hear a Justin Bieber song, but otherwise I'm fine."

After 8 PM the DJ started to string together some rather unusual segues. She went from "Boom Boom Pow" to "Dueling Banjos," which officially qualifies as the most batshit segue I have ever heard. A short time later she attempted to challenge that with a transition from Barry White's "You're The First, The Last, My Everything" to "The Chicken Dance," but since the latter is somewhat common at weddings, I decided that pairing of songs could actually occur somewhere else.

Fortunately I left before being subjected to any further sonic cataclysms.

No comments: