13 February 2011

This Week in Awesome (2/12/11)

I didn't want you to think I'd forgotten TWiA again: the Mrs. is finishing an application to a graduate program, so she was using the computer a lot this weekend, while I tried to stay out of the way and keep quiet.

This compilation video is six minutes or so of people doing questionable things that result in them being injured. I felt bad about watching this, but at the same time I couldn't stop watching it. Discuss... (BuzzFeed via Awl)

The Brooklyn-based blog Lost City (which went away for a while last year but then came back), recently made a visit to Providence, which got my attention. Some excellent photos of Federal Hill signage.

Did someone say "more time-lapse video"? Only too happy to oblige: here's footage of a new bridge that connects surface streets in the Bronx and Manhattan being installed last year. (Jalopnik)

The New York Times went behind the scenes at Pixar, not an everyday occurrence.

And finally, my favorite clip of this past week: a music video of the Joy Division song "Transmission" created using Playmobil figures. (The Awl via Entertainment Weekly)

No comments: