09 February 2012

Treat Yourself

Last week I mentioned a reference to the show Parks and Recreation. What I was really trying to find was a post I remembered seeing on a men's style blog that referenced the same episode, where Tom and Donna spend the day treating themselves (hence the expression "treat. yo. self."). But it had been a few months since it was on, and I never did locate the post, or even remember conclusively on which site I'd seen it, so I gave up.

Instead I'm going to toss up the original clip from the episode introducing the concept and the phrase (check out the cupcakes):



And by the way, the whole "treat yourself" thing reminds me of a scene from Twin Peaks: "Harry, I'm gonna let you in on a little secret..."



(And if you stop to think about it, it's pretty amazing that I was thinking of a brief scene from a TV show that aired over 20 years ago, and I was able to find that EXACT scene via the web in less than a minute. We're so spoiled...)

No comments: