11 May 2012

I Must Be in the Front Row

I thought I was being clever by selecting seats in the first row of the plane. It never occurred to me that being in the first row means no seat in front of you under which to store a bag; everything has to go in an overhead bin until the plane has reached cruising altitude. Also, the little TVs are mounted on the partition, which is further away than the ones mounted on the seatbacks. Not an issue for most people, but a little too far away for me.

But other than those minor things, and a very bratty three-year-old one row back on the other side of the aisle, it was the easiest cross-country flight I've taken. We took off on time, there was no turbulence, and we landed 20 minutes early. Getting our luggage and the rental car took longer than the drive from the airport to the hotel. We checked in just after 9 pm Pacific time, eager for some rest.

The weather is beautiful, and we have a lot planned for the next several days. The Mrs. brought her laptop and the hotel has free wifi, so I'll check back in when I can.

1 comment:

A Proper Bostonian said...

I've found that families with babies usually are seated in those first rows on international flights, at least, so consider yourself blessed to have had only one noisy kid nearby.