08 December 2012

Loungewer

My Visa card earns me $10 credits to use at L.L. Bean. I guess I don't shop there as much as I used to, because I noticed last week that my credits were accumulating. I also noticed that they expire one year after being issued, and the oldest would expire in January.

I did need a new bathrobe, so I looked over that section of their website. I was going to get a regular flannel robe, but then I noticed that Bean offers robes made of its chamois cloth. It's thicker and heftier than flannel, perfect for a robe.

It's available in three solid colors (navy, gray, burgundy) and two plaids (green/black and red/black). I went with the red and black plaid, and it's very cozy, and more comfortable than the robe I had before. These are also available in tall sizes, which might be nice if you are over 6 feet.

When I ordered mine there was 15% off for Bean cardholders; after that I applied almost all of my $10 credits, so the robe cost me nearly nothing. I kept a couple of credits for future use, and I got a $10 gift card with the order.

No comments: