30 December 2012

Retro Video Unit (12/28/12)

It's been another slowish week around the ol' blog, with traveling for Christmas and recovering from a cold. TWiA is also taking this weekend off.

There is real snow falling outside the SAR abode, the first we've seen in quite some time. Still not sure what sort of winter we're in for, but my gut says a repeat of last year is too much to hope for.

Meanwhile, it seems I overlooked my final Retro Video of 2012.. sometimes I think of songs for this and wonder how I haven't thought of them sooner. That's certainly the case with this one, "A Million Miles Away" by The Plimsouls. This song is roughly 30 years old, and it still makes my spine tingle a bit every time I hear it. For me, it's about as close to perfection as a single song can be.


No comments: