10 January 2013

Linens & Domestics

I was just changing the bed, and since I had pulled out the down comforter in haste when I was sick a couple of weeks ago, I'd put it on the bed without its cover, so I took that out too.

The cover is bright red, with variegated stripes in several colors: pink, orange, white, green, turquoise, and blue. It came from Target, and we have a set of sheets that goes with it, but those were at the bottom of the plastic bin where we store our sheets, so I chose another set, in a lighter green organic cotton with a vine pattern.

The Mrs. saw me stuffing the comforter into its cover and said, "That doesn't go with the sheets."

I replied, "Don't care." She was surprised. "You don't care?"

My reasoning: it's a bed, not an outfit. It's not being photographed for a shelter magazine, so it doesn't need to look perfectly matched, just be clean and comfortable. There is a bit of green in the cover, and it's not that far off from the green of the sheets, but... whatever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU gotta be kidding me!!!

A Proper Bostonian said...

This from a man who coordinates his shoes and his coat? I shudder getting into bed when the sheets and the comforter clash. For this reason, most of my flat sheets and cases are white. I don't care so much about the fitted sheets, which I have in various pale colors. But I have a set of dark striped jersey sheets and if I use them with the blue paisley comforter, well, I'm not happy whenever I see it, for a week. But I still sleep.