21 February 2014

Angles

When I'm wandering around trying to find old cars to take pictures of, I sometimes find other things worthy of a photo. I've always been interested in buildings and architecture, and there are plenty of interesting buildings in this area.
This is the Flour and Grain Exchange Building at the corner of India and Milk Streets downtown. I took this picture last summer when the Mrs. and I were trying to find a food truck or two from which to get lunch (since it was a Saturday there were only a couple stationed on the nearby Greenway).

The building is triangular with rounded corners, and I have been somewhat fascinated by it for decades, though I have never ventured inside. The only thing I miss about the old elevated Central Artery is that when heading southbound, it was easier to get a decent look at this building as you passed by just a few feet from it. (I remember there used to be a huge red ribbon around the whole thing at Christmas.)
About a month ago I was in Medford Square in the morning, heading to an appointment. As I was waiting for the bus I looked across the street and noticed that the building on the corner reminded me a little of the Flour and Grain Exchange Building, though the one in Medford is certainly quite different.

No comments: