27 February 2014

What a Gas

I'm stuck at home for most of the day. The gas company needs to replace our meter. They have called about it several times over the past month, and initially I referred them to our landlord, but the calls continued and I figured it was easier to schedule it myself and get it over with.

And even though they claim they need to do this, they are inconveniencing me by giving a six-hour window for the appointment. "Oh, the tech will call you 15 to 20 minutes before he arrives." Well, how about that? That makes all the difference. And I need to stay by the phone because if for some reason I miss the call, the tech won't come.

Given how cold it is I might not have wanted to go out anyway, but it still seems somewhat ridiculous that they can't narrow down the window to three or four hours. At least it will only take 20 to 30 minutes for the tech to complete the task after he finally arrives.

No comments: