16 April 2014

Watch Wednesday Follow-Up: In Need of Service

A little over a year ago I bought a Seiko solar chronograph as a "treat myself" bonus for shoveling a lot of snow last winter. I really liked the watch and wore it a lot. In fact, it became pretty much my #1 everyday choice.

A couple of months ago I noticed that the watch had stopped. This was surprising, since it's powered by light and I always leave it where it's exposed to plenty. Holding it up to a light bulb got it going again, and everything was fine. But it kept happening, and finally a couple of weeks ago it stopped and wouldn't restart at all.

The watch came with a three-year warranty, but obtaining service requires sending the watch to Seiko's only US service facility in New Jersey, so off it will go. I hope it can be fixed.

No comments: