15 May 2015

This Is the Modern World

A few months back I finally got around to downloading my bank's iPhone app. It was nice to be able to check my balance while I was out of the house and away from my computer, and there were a couple of times where I needed to transfer money from one account into another, and I appreciated the convenience of being able to do that on the go.

Today I needed to deposit a check, and I was supposed to be going downtown this morning so I intended to take care of that then, but my appointment got rescheduled pretty last-minute. I was thinking about which bank branch I should go to instead to make the deposit, and at what point during the day it would be most convenient, when I remembered that I can make deposits through the app. You just use your phone to take photos of the front and back of the check, fill out a digital deposit slip of sorts, and that's it.

I don't mind going to the bank to make deposits in person, but there are times when it's not especially convenient if I'm not already out doing other things. This is incredibly convenient, and I can't believe I didn't start taking advantage of it sooner. I'm definitely living in the 21st century now...

No comments: