17 July 2015

Retro Video Unit (7/17/15)

I completely forgot that this was supposed to run last week, and since no one bothered to point that out to me, you got nothing...

I enjoy posting videos by obscure bands because I've always been attracted to what's below the radar and out of the mainstream. To some degree the music video era blew up my spot, so to speak, because any kid who happened to be sitting at home watching MTV (or, heavens help us, VH1) on a Friday night might have seen clips like this one dozens of times, and even might have liked a song enough to go buy an album by a semi-obscure band like The House of Love. Still, that probably didn't happen much.

I liked the band enough to buy a couple of their albums (and I still have them). The video's all right, but what I really like about this song, what I've always liked about it, is the production. That may be approaching a High Fidelity level of music-nerdiness, but that's how my brain works, and I'm way past the age where I might have apologized for it. So, please enjoy "I Don't Know Why I Love You" by The House of Love...



Hey, how about a bonus clip to make up for not posting this last week? Here's another good song by these guys, "Shine On."


No comments: