02 July 2015

Where Have I Been?

Oh, hi there. It's been a while. Like I said, I wasn't sure what things would be like. Almost every evening this week I have come home from work with the intention of posting something, but every night I got sidetracked, and before I knew it, it was time for bed (and that's earlier, since I need to get up earlier to get ready).

In the "old days" I was salaried, and no one really monitored my daily work activities. As long as I met my deadlines I could afford to take 20 minutes out of my workday to write a post. As a temp I'm paid by the hour, and my work area is part of an open space that I share with three other people. Whether they care what I'm doing or not, it wouldn't look good for me to be meandering from my main task, which has intermediate deadlines.

With a holiday weekend upon us, I'm not working tomorrow (Friday), and while I have some other things I'm going to try to get done, I should also be able to do a couple of make-up posts.

No comments: