19 October 2009

Lazy Sunday

Yesterday I woke up (at 9:30) to find it raining hard. I knew we didn't need to go anywhere, so I decided it was going to be one of those days where I just threw on some old comfy clothes and didn't leave the house. I spent the remainder of the morning enjoying organic Mexican coffee and "two-bite cinnamon rolls" from Whole Foods.

The Mrs. had put on the TV (not something I would typically do on a Sunday morning, but she is who she is) and The Remains of the Day happened to be starting. She had never seen it, and I hadn't seen it since it first came out; its sadness was quite appropriate to the gloom of the day. After that we watched a documentary about the heavy metal band Anvil that I'd recorded from VH1 a couple of weeks ago. Slightly opposite, yes.

I took the dog out later in the afternoon, and by then it was raining harder, so she didn't even want to be outside for more than a couple of minutes. I came back inside, assembled a little tray of cheese and crackers, and tuned the TV to the Patriots game, to find it was SNOWING 30 miles away in Foxboro. What month is this? (For some reason I'd thought yesterday's game was being played in Tennessee; guess I'd read the schedule wrong.) That was one of those strange games that happens every once in a while, and even though I did feel a little bad for the Titans, it is kind of fun to watch a blowout, as long as you're on the winning side.

I didn't do anything more productive than a load of laundry, though I did have to trudge back outside around 8 PM to put out the trash. It was still raining hard, so apparently it wasn't cold enough where we are to become snow, which is really just as well. This week we're supposed to have a few days of temperatures around 60, which is what it's supposed to be for this time of year.

No comments: