07 October 2009

Promotional Consideration

A while back I wrote about some mints I like. After that post I got a nice email from a person who does PR for the company. She had found me through a Google alert for "Newman's Own Organics" and wanted to thank me for writing about the company and the product. She offered to send me a sampling of some of the company's other products, which I gratefully accepted.

Since then we've been enjoying items like cookies, chocolate bars, pretzels, dried fruit, and more mints. (There were also some soy crisps, but those are not our thing at all, so I brought them to work and put them in the kitchen.) She even included some dog food (which I had requested for our spoiled girl). I thought it would be a small sample of dry kibble, but it was several full-size cans of "wet" food. Our dog was beside herself with food joy, but we only gave her a small quantity of it on a few random occasions, and mixed it in with her regular dry food, because we didn't want her to get too used to this luxurious delicacy (and thus expect it every day).

I liked everything and would recommend it, though I think the pretzels and the chocolate are particularly good. The chocolate bars come in six flavors: milk, mocha milk, dark, orange dark, espresso dark, and super dark. I didn't find the super dark as exciting as I thought it would be, but it may just be my palate and personal preferences. I liked the plain dark the best; I thought it had an excellent balance between bitterness and sweetness. And if you are the sort who prefers milk chocolate, this one is better than most.

[I had been planning to write about these treats at some point, but in light of the recent news that the government may require bloggers to disclose items they may receive (for review or as gifts, if I understand correctly) I thought I might as well go ahead and do it now. Thank you, Newman's Own Organics, for the extremely generous box o' goodies you sent me.]

No comments: