23 October 2009

Youth of Today

I just got back from doing an errand. It's about 45 degrees out today, somewhat cooler than was forecast, and I was barely warm enough in my coat and cap. On the T there was a young woman, probably a Northeastern student (it's where she got off the train) wearing a snorkel parka and flip-flops. I can only imagine how uncomfortable she must be when walking outside.

I also happened to overhear another student talking to one of his friends (the train was fairly crowded, and like me, they were standing): "Dude, I would love to be in a wheelchair. Getting to sit down all the time would be awesome."

2 comments:

A Proper Bostonian said...

Since you've never worn them, you don't realize how comfortable flip flops can be, even when it's cold. I will continue to wear mine from time to time until the snow flies!

Some Assembly Required said...

I own flip-flops, and I sometimes wear them to walk to dog in warmer weather. I also know how cold my feet can get outside even when it's not really winter, just from feeling the cold come up through the soles of my shoes, so I question how comfortable anyone can be on a 45-degree day with essentially bare feet.