15 October 2009

Watch Wednesday Thursday (10/15/09)



Hmm, what did I forget to do? Again? I may have to start marking up a calendar or something...

Anyway, it's time for another contemporary watch. This is another Casio analog watch. This one is a large and rugged diving model that I got on eBay (of course) back in the spring, for less than $50. The second button above the main crown is for a light. There are actually two LEDs set into the rim that runs around the outer edge of the dial, one at the 12 position and the other at the 6. It's got to be the brightest illumination I've ever seen on a watch, and makes Timex's Indiglo light look sad and weak. Seriously, I think you could use this watch as a flashlight in an emergency. Unfortunately, it doesn't stay on long enough to get a decent picture, so you'll have to take my word for it.

The strap that looks like a tire did not come on the watch; as usual, I had to change the standard diver's strap because it was ugly, uncomfortable, and made of a cheap resin that I figured would crack and break after just a short amount of wear. These tire-tread straps are made of rubber, which is more comfortable on the wrist, more flexible, and last much longer. I got quite a bit of wear out of this watch over the summer, because rubber straps tend to be easier for me to wear in warm, humid weather.

No comments: