13 January 2014

Last Week in Awesome (1/11/14)

Okay, this is getting a bit silly... but in my defense, I was busy most of the day Saturday, then of course I had to watch the football game. Yesterday just kind of got away from me entirely; before I knew it, it was 10:30 pm and I still hadn't done my weekly TV lineup for The Longfellow Bridge.

Michelle Dockery was game for some spoofing of both her Downton Abbey character and American cop shows, with an assist from Michael Chiklis, seemingly reincarnating Vic Mackey from The Shield. (Funny or Die)

On the eve of the release of his new album, an assessment of Bruce Springsteen's body of work in typically exhaustive Grantland fashion. (Grantland via Kempt)

Words are awesome, but sometimes the right word for expressing a certain concept or feeling doesn't exist in our native tongue. Fortunately there are words in other languages that can provide an assist. (Mental Floss via the Dappered Weekend Dossier)

And finally this week, a music nerd writes for other music nerds on "bands that were good, but blew it." (The A.V. Club via Unlikely Words)

No comments: