19 May 2014

Car Stuff: Stupid Car Tricks

While walking the dog yesterday I noticed this car in front of a nearby house. I don't think it belongs to a neighbor, as I don't recognize it. It has some aftermarket wheels and tires, but the owner seems to have gotten a bit carried away:
Not only does this look ridiculous, but it's generally illegal for a car's tires to protrude beyond the edges of the fender openings. (I'm not positive, but I believe this is because gravel and other road debris can be thrown back onto following cars more easily.) Typically if someone is set on adding wheels and tires this wide they would also add fender flares, so perhaps this is a work in progress.

It's also possible that this car has simply been fitted with the wrong wheels, ones without the proper offset to keep the tires within the confines of the fenders.

No comments: