25 April 2015

This Week in Awesome (4/25/15)

To those of you who may visit primarily to see what I post in this feature, I apologize for its absence. Maybe it's me or my web browsing habits, or maybe the internet just isn't as awesome as it used to be, but lately I'm not finding as many things that I feel compelled to share. I tend to wait until I have at least four items, which is interesting considering that for a good while I'd post five items each weekend. Anyway...

Archer fans will enjoy this clip. Archer is a show that stands up to rewatching, if for no other reason than to unpack each episode's multiple such references (and also because it's really funny). I've also found that using closed captioning can help make certain jokes, dialogue, and other story elements clearer. (Indiewire via The Verge)

This one's weird and somewhat far-fetched, but also just plausible enough to believe. (BLDG BLOG)

Vulture was kind enough to assemble this list of great car movies. I've seen more than half of them; great to see Repo Man in the top five.

And finally this whenever, those of you who watched the early years of the MTV era will likely enjoy reading about the genesis of one of the most distinctive songs from that period. (Medium)

No comments: