09 April 2015

This Week's Binge

If things seem a little quieter than normal around here this week, it's because I've been submerged in an annual event that Comcast calls Watchathon. For one week, Comcast cable subscribers have free, unlimited access to all the TV shows from the premium channels like HBO and Showtime, either on-demand or online.

At the risk of sounding like a shill (this is not sponsored, and I have no particular affection for Comcast), it is a nice bonus if you happen to be a Comcast cable customer. For people like me who don’t have any of the premium channels, it’s an excellent way to catch up on shows you wanted to see but couldn’t.

Last year I watched the first two seasons of Veep and got into it immediately. I've already finished season three, and now I'm trying to decide how to spend the rest of my time: True Detective, Silicon Valley, The Knick… all those shows have been on for only one season, which is generally a better option for me, since there are typically only eight or 10 episodes to cover in the remaining time this week.

No comments: