22 June 2011

Backed Up

You would think that by now I'd know better and avoid the Green Line on days when there is an afternoon Red Sox game. But since it was raining, I hopped on the E train that was waiting outside work.

Things were fine until we got to Government Center, where trains were being turned around en masse, whether they were supposed to turn there or go on to North Station. I counted six trains, including the one I was on, before a train rolled in that was continuing on, and of course it was packed. I held back, and another one came along in a couple of minutes.

I've found that in these situations it's much better to just let go and realize that I will get home eventually. Getting home 20 minutes later than usual isn't really a big deal. But it's taken me a couple of decades to truly understand and accept that.

No comments: