26 June 2011

This Week in Awesome (6/25/11)

Gotta be honest, internets, you let me down a little this week. Just not quite as much awesomey goodness as I would have liked. But still, we must press on...

Are you looking for planter pots, and do you consider yourself generally not too picky about spelling errors? This is the place for you. (The Daily What via Videogum)

Last week I bought some Sixpoint Crisp Lager and noticed the cans have a cool, funky barcode with a city skyline (presumably New York, since Sixpoint is brewed in Brooklyn) and the Statue of Liberty. Then I saw this. (BuzzBrewery via Consumerist)

Do you guys remember Miss Blankenship, Don Draper's elderly secretary last season on Mad Men? Well, even though she's been dead for like 46 years, and wasn't even a real person to begin with, she has a facebook page. It's really a clever part of a campaign to get Randee Heller, the actress who played her so memorably, an Emmy nomination that I would say is well-deserved. (Basket of Kisses)

And finally this week, something I think many of us have suspected at one time or another: animals can be dicks (this one in particular). (The Awl via The Daily Beast)

No comments: