03 August 2011

1,000!

So yeah, this is my 1,000th post. I'm as surprised as the rest of you, kinda.

When I started doing this almost five years ago, I wasn't thinking about how long it might last; I was just trying to summon the discipline to express myself on a somewhat regular basis. I found my way, tentatively at first, and got to where I was posting something about every other day. But then around two years ago, without any specific intent on my part, the pace picked up to nearly every weekday plus my Saturday link roundups, and half of those 1,000 posts have come in about the past 20 months.

It's an interesting circumstance to be in, because I enjoy doing this as much as ever, if not more so, so I look forward to it, but at the same time I feel a certain sense of obligation to produce regularly and consistently because I know people are visiting (at least, my list of followers continues to grow, which you will have to take my word for because for whatever reason Blogger doesn't feel like displaying it). It can be tough to balance work and life and find some time each day to produce something that will be worth your time.

So I'm (hopefully uncharacteristically) going to give myself a little pat on the back, and at the same time say thanks for reading and commenting and otherwise reassuring me that I'm not doing this in a vacuum. Now it's off to J.P. Licks with some coworkers to celebrate the last day of a summer worker. Coincidence? I don't think so...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats, you deserve it! good writing, good insight too. keep up the good work - pat paT!! me

Unknown said...

Congratulations!